The State of Michigan has placed a priority on teaching Social Emotional Learning in the Classroom and Improving Sportsmanship in the Athletic Arena
This workshop is for educators who want their school to:
- Improve how they teach Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
- Develop effective strategies to build school culture.
- Intentionally and purposefully develop student leaders.
- Provide practical ways to increase student engagement and accountability.
- Focus on the character, leadership & sportsmanship of student athletes.
Dr. Joe Hoedel has spent the last 20 years working on solutions to these school challenges. He, and educators from participating schools, will provide this free workshop, highlighting two distinct programs to develop character and leadership in secondary students. The first program is a comprehensive Character Development and Leadership Classroom Curriculum that is currently used in 3,500 middle and high schools. The second program is the app-based Student Athlete Program, designed for use with athletes in an athletic environment. For further information, call 231-938-4140.
Please send a principal, counselor, teacher, athletic director or coach to learn new strategies and to find out if these programs are a good fit for your school.